Our Name & Purpose
ARTICLE I - NAME
The name of this organization is NORTH CENTER BAPTIST CHURCH. The organization will be referred to in this constitution as the "Church."
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
The purpose of the Church is to glorify God by fulfilling the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). This mission will be accomplished by focusing on five purposes:
1. EVANGELISM / MISSIONS - To share the good news of Jesus Christ with as many people as possible in our community and throughout the world. (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, 2 Peter 3:9).
2. DISCIPLESHIP - To help members develop toward full Christian maturity and train them for effective ministry. To promote personal, spiritual growth and discipleship through Bible teaching. (Ephesians 4:11-13, Matthew 18:20, Timothy 2:2)
3. WORSHIP - To participate in public worship services together, to maintain personal daily worship, and to live life to the glory of God. (John 4:24)
4. MINISTRY / SERVICE - To serve unselfishly, in Jesus' name, meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those in our Church, community and in the world. (1 Peter 4:10-11, Matthew 25:34-40, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Galatians 5:13)
5. FELLOWSHIP - To encourage, support and pray for each other as members of the family of God. To share our lives together as a community of faith. (I John 1:7, Acts 2:4447, Hebrews 10:23-25, Romans 15:5,7, John 13:34-35)